With the current global threat of coronavirus disease (Covid-19), a lot of precautionary measures have been advised by the World Health Organisation (WHO), National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and other recognised health bodies around the world to help reduce its pandemic spread.
I will try to summarize the basic effective protective measures as advised by WHO since there is currently no specific vaccine to prevent or treat the new corona virus.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water or any alcohol-based had rub (sanitizer) as this will kill any virus on the hands.
- Keep a public distance especially from those coughing or sneezing (at least 1m away). This is why most countries have cancelled events or work places even worship centers that requires the gathering of people, hence making a lot of people stay and work indoors.
- Avoid touching your face (Eyes, Nose, Mouth or Ears) as viruses on your hands can go into your body via these means.
- Ensure you cover your mouth and nose whenever you cough or sneeze with a clean tissue that can be disposed off immediately or cover with a bent elbow not with your palm.
- Do not mingle with people if you feel ill with symptoms like fever, cough, sneezing or difficulty in breathing rather you should stay indoors and thereafter seek medical attention.
With the above summary, it is observed that the major requirement to protect oneself from the corona virus is to stay away from the public, hence a lot of people are expected to stay more at home now than never before. It is therefore necessary to make the home very comfortable to make it less of a burden and still be able to carry out your business/work effectively.
I have proposed some creative lighting ideas that will make the home very attractive and conducive while you stay at home:
- Add a dimmer switch to your lighting fixture: This is very important as you will always be indoors, the dimmer switch will enable you increase or decrease the intensity of the light to the required intensity thereby changing the ambience of the room and making it more conducive.
- Your lighting fittings brings out the beauty of your lighting, I will suggest you change your fittings to a more attractive one that suits your taste as this will make the house very beautiful and you will enjoy your stay at home. Most people are just interested in getting lights to their rooms without taking time to analyse the kind of fittings that suits their taste, always choose a fitting that will stand your taste for a long period of time.
- Because of the sit at home precaution, a lot of people will have an office at home. In fact remote working will henceforth receive a revolutionary outbreak after this, I will advise beautiful modular lighting fittings in your proposed room (office) which will make it highly illuminated and fit for proper business.
As the world is working tirelessly to ensure a vaccine is gotten for this epidemic virus, I encourage our African Health Researchers to key into this study so that a global solution can be witnessed from our continent.
I encourage us to stay healthy and follow all the necessary preventive measures.